Pulse pride ourselves on being one of the leading recruiters in within Mental Health. Being a leader in our field means we have some of the most experienced recruiters in the market, who can really understand your experience to match you to the best role. It also means we have an extensive list of available vacancies at all times.
Our NHS client based in Kent is now seeking an experienced Clinical Psychologist to join their Older Adults team on a full-time locum basis, starting as soon as possible. The candidate appointed will need to participate in the provision of psychological services to older people with mental health difficulties and people with dementia within the localities served by the Trust.
Key responsibilities will include:
• To undertake high quality direct (assessment and therapeutic) and indirect (consultative, advisory and evaluative) specialist psychology interventions in these services taking substantial professional responsibility and exercising autonomous judgement in their professional practice.
• To ensure the clinical effectiveness of own practice and of service functioning by undertaking research and development activities relevant to the service area.
• To be regularly responsible for providing training placements for trainee clinical psychologists in this specialism.
• To undertake psychologically based risk assessment and risk management for relevant clients and provide advice on the psychological aspects of risk to the multi-disciplinary team.
• To consult with and provide specialist psychological guidance to carers and families of service users within an inpatient setting.
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn a £300 bonus per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.