Our NHS client based in Kent is now seeking an experienced Clinical Psychologist to join their Older Adults team on a full-time locum basis, starting as soon as possible. The candidate appointed will need to participate in the provision of psychological services to older people with mental health difficulties and people with dementia within the localities served by the Trust.
Key responsibilities will include:
• To undertake high quality direct (assessment and therapeutic) and indirect (consultative, advisory and evaluative) specialist psychology interventions in these services taking substantial professional responsibility and exercising autonomous judgement in their professional practice.
• To ensure the clinical effectiveness of own practice and of service functioning by undertaking research and development activities relevant to the service area.
• To be regularly responsible for providing training placements for trainee clinical psychologists in this specialism.
• To undertake psychologically based risk assessment and risk management for relevant clients and provide advice on the psychological aspects of risk to the multi-disciplinary team.
• To consult with and provide specialist psychological guidance to carers and families of service users within an inpatient setting.
If this role sounds suited to you, please apply using the form below.
Pulse in return can offer you:
• Free training – we also offer 1:1 training
• Variety of opportunities in both NHS and private sectors (which are not affected by IR35)
• Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
• HireVue online interviews
• Daily payroll
• First class service from our experienced team of consultants
• Assistance with travel and accommodation
• Streamlined compliance process utilising new online technology
• Support and advice from our team of dedicated and friendly consultants
• £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn a £300 bonus per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.