Pulse are currently seeking a determined Band 6 Practitioner to be welcomed into our client’s Adult Mental Health team, within an NHS trust in London. This position will be available for the appointed Practitioner to start as soon as possible, working full-time hours for an ongoing period.
The successful applicant will be required to:
• Undertake assessment of emotional and psychological needs of patients referred to the stream
• Formulate and implement appropriate treatment plans and provide mentalisation-based therapy at the same time as acting as care coordinator to those patients working closely with the multi-disciplinary team in the unit
• Liaise with other professionals to contribute to the establishment of continuity of care across service
• Act as CPA case coordinator and work autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the team’s policies and procedures
• To manage a caseload of patients, in close collaboration with other members of the multi-disciplinary team, within the CPA framework and to agreed local and national standards.
• To ensure that continuity of care is maintained and that appropriate and timely plans are made for the discharge of patients from the inpatient facilities ensuring Section 117 and CPA responsibilities are discharged.
• To carry out assessments and assign patients to care clusters within the framework of the Health of the Nation Outcome Scales Payment by Results (HoNOS PbR) at first assessment, at CPA review, at times of significant change in presentation and at the end of treatment.
To be considered for this role, you must:
• Hold a doctorate in Clinical Psychology
• Be HCPC registered
• Have a proven track record in adult mental health
• Be analytical and show good attention to detail
If you are a patient and empathetic Psychologist with a keen interest in helping adults with mental health conditions, please apply today or contact our team for more information.
Benefits of locum work:
• Daily payroll
• Variety of work opportunities in NHS and private sectors
• Expand your skill set more quickly
• Flexible hours of work
• Online interviews via HireVue
• First class support and advice from our specialist consultant teams
• iPoint – Electronic Timesheet smartphone app
• Assistance with travel and finding accommodation
• Streamlined compliance process, utilising new online technology
• Access to high-quality voluntary training
• £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and conditions
Not for you but know the ideal Psychologist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.