An exciting new permanent opportunity has arisen with our private client based in Lancashire, for an experienced Psychologist to join the LAC team on a full-time basis. Candidates applying will need to have experience of working within a CAMHS service and be able to work well as part of the MDT.
The Psychologist in post will provide psychological advice and consultation to other professionals, to enable them to better meet the psychological, emotional and relational needs of the young people within the service.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Hold own caseload of young people, co-ordinating therapeutic care and supporting teams
• Produce comprehensive psychological assessment reports with recommendations to inform therapeutic care plans and interventions going forwards for all young people.
• Support consultation and preparation for potential referrals to the service
• Provide psychological assessment, formulation and therapeutic interventions for young people
Skills and experience:
• Current and continued HCPC registration
• Experience of working with young people with complex presentations who may be difficult to engage (LAC, YOT, CAMHS)
• Valid drivers licence and access to own vehicle during working hours for transport
• Good organisation skills and ability to work autonomously
• Relevant qualification in Psychology (Clinical or Counselling)
If you have the necessary skills and experience, please apply today or contact the team for more information.
• Competitive salary
• An individual induction on your role and expectations
• A corporate induction on company policies and basic duties
• Competitive annual leave
• Continued Professional Development (CPD)
• Childcare vouchers
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.