Specialty: Consultant Clinical Psychologist – Child Learning Disabilities
Job Location: Shropshire
Work Pattern: 37.5 hours, Full time
Pulse are working with one of the leading providers of services for children with a learning disability. This established organisation are looking to appoint an experienced Clinical Psychologist at Band 8b/c to a permanent post.
The role is based in a specialist residential school/college for children and young adults with autism, challenging behaviour and additional complex needs. The successful candidate will be an integral part of an MDT of clinicians and support staff, providing a psychological assessment treatment service as part of a care programme approach.
- Provide highly developed specialist psychological assessment
- Formulate plans for the formal psychological treatment of a client’s mental health problems
- Work as a key member of the MDT and wider professional community
- Responsibility for implementing a range of highly specialist psychological interventions for individuals, carers, families and groups
- Work autonomously to professional guidelines and systematic governance of psychological practice within the service
- Supervise Trainee and Assistant Psychologists in provision of psychological assessment and treatment
- Undertake risk assessment and risk management for relevant individual clients
- Participate as a senior clinician in the development of a high quality, responsive and accessible service clients, carers and families within the service.
This post would suit a Clinical Psychologist who has experience of working in either CAMHS or a specialist learning disability service and is looking for a varied role offering a mix of management, supervision and clinical work. Registration with the HCPC is essential.
The organisation offer a competitive benefits package to include:
- Competitive salary of circa £60,000
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Child Care vouchers
- CPD opportunities
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.