Pulse’s private client based in Kent has a current requirement for a Clinical Psychologist to join their CAMHS service, as soon as possible on a full-time basis. The Psychologist appointed will be working within a Tier 4 low secure hospital for young people aged 12 – 18 years with mental health, behavioural or psychological difficulties, and an OFSTED-registered school which supports the young people with educational attainment.
The service is set in a rural environment with close links and transport to the local community and amenities.The candidate in post will:
• Receive and respond promptly to referrals undertaking assessments to determine and plan an effective therapy programme for assigned clients using appropriate and relevant treatments, activities and interventions.
• Facilitate individual and group therapy sessions within the given field of therapy ensuring activities and interventions continue to meet the needs of the client and are consistent with the provisions detailed in the client’s therapy plan.
• Manage an assigned caseload within agreed timescales ensuring regular interaction and communication with clients, professional colleagues and clinical staff.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in the form of case notes, case files, clinical reports, computerised information systems and other associated documentation presenting and sharing relevant information and knowledge concerning assigned clients with professional and clinical colleagues at regular MDT meetings.
• Lead and co-ordinates professional and clinical colleagues, providing psychotherapeutic advice and guidance, and assists with the analysis of statistical data and information for research and audit purposes.Skills and experience needed:
• Professional qualification in Clinical Psychology
• HCPC registration
• Experience within CAMHS
If you feel you are suited to this role, please apply using the form below.
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn a £300 bonus once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.