Specialty: Clinical or Forensic Psychologist – Adolescent
Job Location: South Yorkshire
Work Pattern: 37.5 hours, Full time
Pulse are working with one of the UK’s leading providers of specialist inpatient services for children and adolescents . This established service is looking to appoint a permanent Clinical or Forensic Psychologist at Band 7-8a and will be based in South Yorkshire
The service operates 4 services for 13-18 year olds with a defined treatment pathway from admission through intervention and discharge, including rapid assessment and treatment. The successful candidate will be an integral part of an MDT of clinicians and support staff, helping to prepare young people for discharge back into their home area whilst in a robust and supportive environment. There is a diverse educational programme in place in order for young people to continue their education at the same time as receiving treatment.
Duties will include:
- Apply psychological and related methods, concepts, models and theories
- In conjunction with MDT, implement and deliver care models reflecting the needs of clients
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary assessment approach utilising recognised and evaluated assessment tools
- Lead on neuropsychological assessment of patients and make suggestions to MDT
- Ensure risk assessment and management is carried out
- Ensure records are kept to a high standard in line with professional guidelines
- Attend and contribute to inhouse training and education programmes.
This post would suit a Clinical Psychologist who is newly qualified and wishes to specialise in this area. Applications will also be welcomed from those who have several years of post qualified experience working with young people
The organisation offer a competitive benefits package to include:
- Competitive salary or £33-45,000
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Child Care vouchers
- CPD opportunities
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.