An opportunity has become available for a HCPC registered Clinical/Counselling Psychologist to work in a residential service for Adults with Learning disabilities and Autism. This is a permanent vacancy based in York, and is available for the appointed candidate to start as soon as possible, working part time hours
The psychologist will undertake assessments, formulation, indirect work with carers, consultation, signposting and deliver therapy for working age adults with a moderate to severe learning disability. You will be part of a supportive multidisciplinary team which includes Psychiatrists, care manager, physiotherapists, nurses and health support workers.
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- Previous experience of working with Autism and Learning Disabilities
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and intervention
- Good understanding on the Mental Capacity Act, and the principles of positive behaviour support
- Doctorate level training in Clinical Psychology
- HCPC registration
If this role is suited to you, please apply now or contact the team today for more information.
• paid breaks and 7 weeks paid holidays
• continuous support and feedback through 1:1 supervision
• ongoing free mandatory and development training days
• regular promotion opportunities
• pension scheme
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.