Pulse is working with a market-leading private hospital group with a highly esteemed international reputation that will be CV enhancing. They are looking for a qualified CBT Therapist to join them for Evenings and weekends ideally 20 hours a week
As a CBT therapist or practitioner, you will work with clients who have mental health difficulties such as anxiety, depression, and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) or panic disorders. You will see if you can help them to change any negative patterns of thinking or behaviour that may be causing them problems in their life. This may then help to change the way they feel.
On a day-to-day basis you may do some of the following activities:
- assess clients to see if they will benefit from the service
- discuss a therapy plan with each client and focus on the areas of their life they want to change
- encourage your clients to talk about their feelings and behaviour
- practising the changes that you have discussed
- provide group sessions to clients
- check on the progress of your clients’ therapy plans
- supervise counsellors and trainee CBT therapists
- work with and provide advice to other health professionals
- provide advice to service users and family members
It is essential that all candidates have a recognised post graduate qualification in CBT Theory and practice. They must have BABCP membership and accreditation or evidence of working towards this. It is desired that the post holder has experience of working within a multi disciplinary team in acute mental health services.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and interpersonal skills to be able to build a trusting relationship with their patients. They must have the ability to create a welcoming environment. The ideal candidate will be motivated and driven to succeed. They should have a genuine desire to help others.
What they offer:
- A competitive salary pro rata
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays pro rata
- Pension scheme
- Birthday Holiday – Your Birthday as an extra days annual leaves
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on-going training
Pulse are Specialists in providing the NHS, Community and private healthcare sector with qualified Psychological Therapists both in the UK and Internationally.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.