An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Family Therapist to work within an inpatient specialist mental health service for young people and adults, based in Greater Manchester. The service provides innovative, high quality care and treatment for service users with challenging and complex needs, to enable their recovery and re-engagement with the community.
Candidates applying must have at least 3 years’ experience of working with families, using family systemic approaches. Our client is looking for a team player with proven ability to function within a MDT team.
The role is available to start as soon as possible, offering full-time hours. Salary for this role will be based on experience. Essential skills/qualifications:
• Post-graduate qualification in relevant mental health/social welfare profession
• Completion of Masters/diploma level qualification in Family Therapy/ Systemic & Family Psychotherapy or equivalent
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• Knowledge of relevant legislation & ethical issues.
• Ability to work with families from culturally diverse communities in different contexts
• Skills in communicating effectively, orally and in writing
• Eligibility for UKCP registration
• Experience of working in an inpatient environment
• Experience of working with patients with severe mental health problems, such as psychotic illness, severe mood /anxiety disorders, severe self-harm
• Experience of working with a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuseWhat to do next?
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please apply using the form below.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.