Here at Pulse, we are now seeking to recruit an experienced Family Therapist to work within our client’s private hospital based in Berkshire. The candidate appointed will undertake specific therapeutic work with patients and their families in response to the clinical need, in a way which coheres with the overall treatment philosophy of the Unit.
The role is available to start as soon as possible and the candidate appointed will need to work full-time hours per week. As the hospital is based in a slightly rural setting, it would be beneficial for candidates applying to be a car driver.
The post-holder will:
• Work as a member of the multidisciplinary team (MDT), contributing to formulations, risk assessments, treatment approaches and discharge planning alongside other core professions
• Work collaboratively with other core professionals to deliver cohesive therapeutic interventions to the young people and their families
• To support the patient and their families through transitioning to other services and work alongside other professionals within and outside of the service
• Facilitate reflective practice groups for professional and non-professional staff. Actively participate in supporting colleagues to develop systemic thinking within MDT’s and hospital wide
• Maintain effective clinical records and casework notes in accordance with developing policy, including providing timely written reports for CPA meetings, assessments and discharge summaries
• To receive regular clinical supervision and provide / contribute to peer supervision with systemic colleagues in the hospital
• Take responsibility for developing one’s own CPD in relation the core patient group to which they will be assigned
• Fully Qualified to Masters Lever in Systemic Psychotherapy.
• UKCP registered
• Member of AFT
• An enhanced DBS (England) or PVG/Disclosure Scotland (Scotland) Disclosure will be required for all successful applicants. Costs will be met by the Company.
• Experience of working with adolescents with complex presentations.
• Ideally, experience of working with Eating Disorders.
• A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
• Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
• The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
• Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
• 2 weeks paid paternity leave
• Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
• Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
• A range of staff discounts
• Opportunities for training and development
• Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.