Pulse is now seeking to recruit a Clinical or Counselling Psychologist to join our clients NHS trust, based in London. This is a full-time locum position, available to start as soon as possible for an initial 3-month period. The candidate appointed will be joining the Perinatal team, to participate in the provision of inpatient & outpatient Psychological Services to mothers with acute perinatal mental health difficulties.
Duties may include:
- To provide psychological assessments of referred clients, using interview, formal psychometric and other assessment methods as appropriate.
- To formulate and devise psychological treatment and management plans for referred clients with a range of problems of severity and complexity, including those with challenging behaviours, and to provide psychological treatment for such clients, using a range of psychological interventions appropriate to the service.
- To provide psychological advice, guidance and consultation to other professionals, to assist in the formulation, diagnosis and treatment of clients.
- To lead on delivery and evaluation of psychological interventions within the NCL Perinatal Team.
- To provide reports and communicate in a skilled and sensitive manner concerning the assessment, formulation and treatment plans of clients.
- To liaise with other health and social care staff, from a range of agencies, in the care provided to clients
If you feel you are suited to this role, please apply today or contact our team for more information.
Benefits of locum work:
- Daily payroll
- Variety of work opportunities in NHS and private sectors
- Expand your skill set more quickly
- Flexible hours of work
- Online interviews via HireVue
- First class support and advice from our specialist consultant teams
- Assistance with travel and finding accommodation
- Streamlined compliance process, utilising new online technology
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and conditions
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.