Pulse are currently seeking a determined Clinical Psychologist to join our clients Adult Learning Disabilities team, within an NHS trust in London. This position will be available for appointed Clinical Psychologist to start as soon as possible, offering both full-time and part-time hours in a locum role.
A HCPC registered Clinical Psychologist is required to work in an Adult learning disabilities service. The Psychologist will be providing a specialist clinical psychology service to adults with learning disabilities, including those with mental health needs and challenging behaviour, within the multidisciplinary team.
Duties will include:
• To be responsible for providing a specialist clinical psychology service to adults with learning disabilities, including those with mental health needs and challenging behaviour
• To work as an independent, autonomous practitioner with full responsibility for highly complex clinical work and to be accountable for all clinical decisions
• To provide highly specialist psychological assessment and therapy to clients. This will involve undertaking direct assessment and intervention with the client or indirect assessment, monitoring and intervention with staff or carers
• To offer psychological consultation, advice and expertise to non psychologist colleagues and to care staff or family carers.
To be considered for this role, you must:
• Hold a doctorate in Clinical Psychology
• Be HCPC registered
• Have a proven track record in working with mild to complex learning disabilities
• Be analytical and show good attention to detail
• Have research skills to carry out audits, service evaluations and research activities relevant to the service
If you are a patient and empathetic Psychologist with a keen interest in helping adults with a range of learning disabilities, please apply today or contact our team for more information.
Benefits of locum work:
• Daily payroll
• Variety of work opportunities in NHS and private sectors
• Expand your skill set more quickly
• Flexible hours of work
• Online interviews via HireVue
• First class support and advice from our specialist consultant teams
• iPoint – Electronic Timesheet smartphone app
• Assistance with travel and finding accommodation
• Streamlined compliance process, utilising new online technology
• Access to high-quality voluntary training
• £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and conditions
Not for you but know the ideal Psychologist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.