Up to £85,000 (Depending on Experience) Hours
Our client has an exciting opportunity has become available for a Specialty / Ward Doctor to join our team.
This role will be working 37.5hrs per week between Monday to Friday with an on-call requirement of 1:6.
Specialist inpatient services for women across three wards, with step down facilities also forming part of the care pathway.
As a Specialty / Ward Doctor you will have clinical responsibility for up to 16 patients under the direction of a Consultant Psychiatrist on the female personality disorder service – Ariel Ward, which also offers a highly specialised service for individuals with a dual diagnosis of personality disorder and co-morbid disordered eating. The service provides a behavioural approach and an intensive DBT programme focused on generalisation of skills.
You will work as part of a close-knit and caring team to include; Allied Health Professionals, Psychology, Management, Nursing and Support Staff.
In this role, you will carry out mental state examination of newly admitted patients along with assessment, appropriate investigation, diagnosis and treatment under the supervision of a Consultant Psychiatrist. You will be confident in assessing a wide range of psychiatric disorders alongside a supportive multi-disciplinary team.
Participation in weekly Ward Rounds and in other multidisciplinary meetings, including Care Programme Approach Meetings (CPA’s), Mental Health Review Tribunals (MHRT’s) and Section 117 meetings, ensuring that full and up-to-date clinical information is available to the meeting and ensuring that medical decisions are implemented as planned.
Do you have the below?
- Full GMC registration and an MBBS (or equivalent) medical qualification
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- The ability to demonstrate sound clinical judgment / experience in making clinical decision and managing risk and knows when to seek help
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills along with the ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Proven record of CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Desirable: Section 12
- Desirable: Royal College of Psychiatrists membership (MRCPsych) or equivalent
- Salary up to £85,000
- Support from an onsite Consultant Psychiatrist and multi-disciplinary team
- Medical indemnity cover
- CPD support and study leave
- Active participation in clinical governance
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free meals
- Learning and development
The opportunity to progress to Consultant level through our CESR programme:
- A formulated programme to assess your educational needs and to help you achieve the competencies necessary to help you progress to Consultant level.
- The opportunity to rotate within the wards/services to gain experience across various subspecialties.
- An assigned educational supervisor who will review your progress weekly and oversee your educational development.
- Support with MRCPsych exams.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.