Up to £150,000 (Depending on Experience) Hours
A new and exciting opportunity has become available for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our multidisciplinary team on our female low secure ward.
The hospital provides adult secure and adolescent services which are contracted by the NHS England Specialist commissioning teams.
This is a full time position (10 Programmed Activities) Consultant Psychiatrist post, which is based on Spencer Ward, the 15 bed Female Low Secure Unit. The post holder will be expected to work as part of a multidisciplinary team which includes a wide range of professional disciplines and to work collaboratively with the NHS clinicians and commissioners who contract services from the hospital. The Unit receives referrals from all over England.
In this role, the Consultant Psychiatrist will be expected to work collaboratively with the onsite multidisciplinary team which includes a wide range of professional disciplines and to work closely with NHS clinicians and commissioners who contract services from the hospital.
The Consultant Psychiatrist will be expected to lead on the provision of high quality care to the young people admitted to Pegasus. They will conduct and where appropriate, delegate the assessment and delivery of services to members of the multidisciplinary team, while closely supervising the activities of the team. The Consultant will also be required to participate in the 1 in 4 Consultant on-call rota.
GMC registration (with licence to practice), Section 12 Approval and AC Status
- On Specialist Register for General Adult/Forensic Psychiatry or within 6 months (at the scheduled time of the advisory appointments committee) of being accepted on the Specialist Register.
- Ability to take a leadership role in a multidisciplinary team, ensuring high quality care and staff morale
- MRCPsych or equivalent – approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Proven record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Salary: in the region of £150,000 (Depending on Experience)
- NHS Discount
- Company pension scheme
- Free life assurance
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
- Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
- Subsidised meals
- CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.