Coventry, West Midlands
- Hours per week
40 Hours per week plus on calls
£140,000 with contributory pension
- Job Advert
- Middlemarch Ward supports 16 women in a high dependency inpatient rehabilitation environment. The ladies we support have severe and enduring mental illness, including personality disorder and those who may have been detained under the Mental Health Act, often coming from multiple placement breakdowns, failed treatment programmes or stepping down from secure settings.
- As a Consultant Psychiatrist you will have medical responsibility for patients across the service and work as part of a team to include; a Specialty Doctor, Allied Health Professionals, Psychology, Management, Nursing and Support Workers.
In this role, you will have overall responsibility of patient treatment plans, whilst liaising with the multi-disciplinary team. Duties will include; screening and assessing referrals, mental state examination of service users, appropriate investigation / diagnosis and treatment, participation in ward rounds and clinical audit. You will also lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management and embed clinical governance within the hospital. Be responsible for the supervision of reports for Mental Health Act Tribunals and managers' hearings and attend hearings whenever possible.
This role is a full time position.
We are looking for people who have:
- Current experience as a Consultant Psychiatrist, full GMC registration, Section 12 and AC Status
- Experience in Adult Psychiatry is essential
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- The ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Proven record of CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- The ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Physicians, General Practitioners or equivalent
- Salary: up to £140,000 with contributory pension
- NHS Discount Card
- Free meals
- Specialty Doctor onsite support
- Generous annual leave entitlement which increases with length of service
- CPD support and study leave
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
- Medical indemnity cover
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.