Position – Ward & Outpatient Manager – Southend on Sea, Essex
Ref - ZAWDOUTMGRSOU
Salary –£27,200 pro rata
Hours –Part Time 30 hours
Our Client has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to patients and staff. Their mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK.
Their Hospital based in Essex has a vacancy for a Ward & Outpatient Manager to join their team of staff within the Ward and Outpatient Department.
This is a part time role for 30 hours per week.
Whether you are newly-qualified, returning from a career break, or looking for a new challenge, this Private Hospital has some exceptional opportunities to build your career in healthcare. My Client is a flexible employer, we will consider part-time applicants for all full time vacancies. They appreciate that a work/life balance is important and enables healthcare professionals to deliver the best care possible.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- NMC registration – Level 1
- Post-registration clinical course / qualification (desirable)
- Up to date knowledge in acute medicine/surgery
- Aware of NMC code
- Basic workload / shift management
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic IT skills
- Experience in an acute hospital setting
Duties of this role include:
- To provide safe and effective care to allocated cohorts of patients without direct supervision.
- To plan, implement and evaluate plans of patient care.
- To ensure that own nursing practice is in accordance with hospital policies and guidelines and that professional practice is in accordance with the NMC Code.
- To supervise unregistered members of staff i.e. Student Nurses and Healthcare Assistants, and ensure that tasks delegated to them are appropriate for delegation and that completion of tasks is monitored.
- To bring to the attention of the department manager / senior member of nursing staff within the hospital, any factors that inhibit the delivery of high quality, safe, effective care or any instances or evidence of poor quality clinical care.
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and participation in the Clinical Governance agenda.
- To participate in investigations arising from complaints or incidents / near misses.
- To actively participate in staff meetings, forums and development programmes in order to support development of service and maintenance of high quality care.
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary based on individual skills & experience
25 days annual leave (rising with length of service) plus public holidays
Discounted David Lloyd gym membership
Private Healthcare's Medical plan
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.