Ward Manager - Severn Ward
Permanent, Full time
Salary: £41,072.85 - £44,410.27 per annum Plus £9,000 Welcome Bonus for all Nurses - * Terms & conditions apply
We are actively recruiting for a Ward Manager for a leading private hospital based in Berkshire.
Pulse is working alongside an established organisation to recruit a Clinical Service Unit Manager for one of their unique hospitals based in Berkshire. The organisation is an expert care provider for mental illness, learning disabilities and brain injury across the UK.
Roles and responsibilities
- Providing leadership and guidance to the nursing team, ensuring the effectiveness of the team in the delivery of excellent standards of care
- Applying relevant policies and statutory requirements within the ward and hospital framework of governance and communicates requirements to the wider team
- Taking a leadership role in implementing change as required
- Identifying care needs in conjunction with the person, their family and the team
- Promoting high standards of nursing care for you and your team, by ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and that shift runs in a smooth efficient manner
- Working collaboratively with the team through effective leadership and motivational skills
- Ensuring effective communication systems are established and maintained between clients, families, staff and external agencies
- Contributing in clinical reviews and nursing reviews ensuring accurate feedback on the client’s care
- Encouraging independence and personal choice and helping to provide an environment which is conducive to patients with varied and complex needs realising their potential to live as independently as they can find possible
- Hold current NMC PIN registration and adhere to the NMC Codes of Conduct at all times
- Possess clinical experience within mental health and/or LD treatment setting
- Be up to date with current practices
- Have a person-centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference
- Have the ability to motivate, lead and supervise a team
- Possess strong leadership and management qualities and be willing to take ownership for the delivery of quality care
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
- Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
- Have a legal right to work in the UK
- Contribution pension scheme
- private medical insurance
- annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays; with the option to buy and sell.
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Support with relocation if you are living outside of London; subject to terms and conditions.
Should you be interested in this role, please contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information.
If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, to earn a £250 voucher please do refer on their details.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.