Ward Manager (RMN)
Salary: £38,376 – £42,295.50 per annum
Permanent, Full time
Pulse is working alongside an established mental health organisation to recruit a Ward Manager – RMN for one of their unique hospitals based in Kent. The organisation is an expert care provider for mental illness, learning disabilities and brain injury across the UK.
As a Ward Manager (RMN), you will support the line manager to deliver high quality patient care within the constraints of the financial budget whilst maintaining patient safety always. You will provide the daily clinical and managerial nursing leadership for the service and be responsible for ensuring that standards of care are always upheld.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist line manager in the cascade of information and key information and key messages to the nursing team in timely manner.
- To encourage and promote engagement in high standard of quality (tissue viability, etc).
- To partake in the on-call system as required.
- Adhere to company complaints and concerns procedures about written and verbal complaints and escalating cases to line manager or higher when required. where necessary, develop remedial action plans and evidence the implementation of these.
- Allocate workload and, where appropriate, delegate responsibilities amongst the team.
- Responsible for the effective use of rostering to ensure optimum skill mix for the acuity/dependency of patients. this included being responsible for the management and staff changes to cover shift out of hours as part of this role.
- Accountable for the monitoring and initial management of sick absence, return to work interviews for nursing team in accordance with sickness absence management policy.
- Assist the line manager to maintain efficient provision of resources such as clinical equipment and budget.
Skills and experience:
- NMC registered nurse (RMN)
- Generous annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Death in service benefit- two x salary
- Employee Assistance programme
- A range of staff benefits
If you are interested in this role, please contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information. If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you can earn up to £250* voucher for successfully referring them.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.