Ward Manager – Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PPICU)
Salary: £40,326 – £44,245.50 per annum Plus £9000 Welcome Bonus*
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Permanent, Full time – 37.5 hours per week
Pulse is working alongside an established mental health organisation to recruit a Ward Manager for their PICU to join the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) for one of their unique hospitals based in Berkshire. The organisation is an expert care provider for mental illness, learning disabilities and brain injury across the UK.
As a Ward Manager – PICU, you will provide high quality nursing, clinical, personnel and leadership for the Ward Manager in conjunction with the Clinical Lead (RC). You will ensure compliance with People, Quality and Finance key performance indicators are adequately delivered.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Providing leadership and guidance to the nursing team, ensuring the effectiveness of the team in the delivery of excellent standards of care.
- Promoting high standards of nursing care for you and your team, by ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and that shift runs in a smooth efficient manner.
- Working collaboratively with the team through effective leadership and motivational skills.
- Ensuring effective communication systems are established and maintained between clients, families, staff and external agencies.
- Supervising and leading in the provision of person-centred care including planning, implementing and evaluating care plans.
- Ensuring that risk is assessed and managed across the immediate and wider working environment and that statutory requirements are met.
Skills and experience:
- Hold current NMC PIN registration and adhere to the NMC codes of conduct.
- Possess clinical experience within mental health and/or LD treatment setting.
- Be up to date with current practices.
- Have a person-centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference.
- Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change.
- Generous annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Death in service benefit- two x salary
- Employee Assistance programme
- A range of staff benefits
If you are interested in this role, please contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information. If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you can earn up to £250* voucher for successfully referring them.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.