– Unit Manager – Neurological Care- PeterboroughRef
– £40,000 to £46,000HOURS
- 40 (8am-5pm Mon to Fri with the need for flexibility to work some evenings and weekends). The post holder will also be part of the on-call rota.
We are seeking a Unit Manager to join our well established clients in there award winning site at Peterborough.
Our clients site ccomprises of five neurological care units. Each Unit provides a distinct care model catering for different aspects of neurological nursing needs; including long term neurological conditions, neuro-rehabilitation, frontal temporal dementias, learning disabilities and complex care.
There highly skilled multi-disciplinary team work with our residents and their family, the NHS and neuro specialists to create and continually review personalised care programmes and care prescriptions based on the individual’s changing needs, this coupled with award winning facilities
As Ward manager you will need -
• To be responsible for the clinical care of all residents/day attendees on the specified unit and to provide leadership in all aspects of nursing care according to the codes of the NMC.
• To be responsible for the day to day Clinical Governance and Risk Management of the Unit.
• Have 24-hour responsibility for the clinical care of all residents at the unit.
• Lines manage all clinical staff and liaise with the allied professionals ensuring professional lines of accountability and priorities are met and that all policies and procedures are strictly adhered to. Ensure clear communication with all other company departments and staff.
• To ensure the necessary administration and information systems are in place to provide flexible and quality services; review systems in place in liaison with junior staff and management
Ward Manager you will have -
• At least 3 years successful team management experience (2 of which will be within a relevant resident group)
• Ideally at least one year independent sector experience
• Registered Nurse with an extensive amount of experience preferably in Neuro Nursing
• Possess a proven track record of leading successful nursing teams with the ability to inspire and motivate under pressure
• Committed to the highest standards of care and excellence
• Join an awarding winning team
• Be supported in your chosen path of progression
• Choose to become a specialist in your chosen area
• Be a part of an innovative culture
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.