Position –Theatre Scrub Practitioner – Plymouth
Ref – ZASRBPRAC16
Location – Plymouth
Salary – Competitive
Hours –Full Time- 37.5hrs
My client is currently looking for Recovery Practitioners to join their dedicated team. Specialising in hip and knee joint replacements, shoulder repair, hand and elbow surgery, foot surgery and minor Orthopaedic procedures The centre offers an expanding service in a friendly environment that is calm and the staff dedicated and professional. The facilities are state-of-the-art with a mixture of theatres, treatment rooms and an endoscopy suite. The successful candidate will be able to focus on what really matters; delivering a high standard of patient care. You will also be able to benefit from fully supported training programmes, on site café and free parking.
Working as part of the multidisciplinary team, you will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre department.
Key duties will include:
• Maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alerting medical staff when required.
• Being able to interpret the significance of data to the patient’s health status.
• Effectively communicating the accurately recorded data within the Theatre/Anaesthetic multi disciplinary team, updating and revising care as appropriate.
• Assisting in ensuring that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored.
• Monitoring theatre procedures with regards to checking of swabs, needles and instruments.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent and relevant experience of working within a theatre environment.
• Experience in Orthopaedics, General Surgery or ENT Desirable.
• Recovery experience.
• NMC Registered General Nurse or HCPC Registered Operating Department Practitioner Desirable.
• Teaching Qualification – 7307, ENB 998 or equivalent.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.