Position –Theatre Scrub Nurse, Scrub, RGN, Theatre, ODP, Practitioner
Ref – CTPRE1
Location – Preston, Lancashire
Salary – £29,000 - £32,000
Our client is a successfully established private hospital located in Preston. They are now in a position to take on an experienced Scrub Nurse into their team that can provide a high standard of individualised patient care.
This role is a full time permanent placement and you would be contracted by our client to 37.5 hours per week.
You will report directly into the Theatre Manager or Team Leader on a daily basis. Experience within a Scrub role is essential for my client but all lengths of experience in a Scrub role will be considered.
Responsibilities of the role
• Maintain and regularly update Personal Professional Portfolio in accordance with NMC guidelines
• Assist the theatre team in the delivery of an efficient and effective service.
• Assist in co-ordinating team efforts to facilitate optimal departmental operation
• Act as a point of reference or mentor for junior staff.
• Assume responsibility for a designated speciality.
• Provide first assistance to the surgeon in accordance with professional and organisational standard set by the hospital.
• Maintain privacy and dignity of all patients at all times.
• Ensure sterility and integrity of all equipment prior to use
• Maintain PUWER documentation and ensure training and competence in all theatre equipment
• Advance planning for scheduled lists to ensure appropriate equipment and consumables are available.
• Post- registrations qualifications relating to the operating department.
• Mentorship/ Assessors qualification.
• Free Parking
• Subsidised staff restaurant
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.