Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
Working hours: This is a full-time role working 37.5hrs per week - (Early & Late shifts, On Call and weekends)
Salary: £33,037 - £36,708 (with additional 4% shift enhancement) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
We are delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit for an Theatre Practitioner Scrub to join their Theatres team.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC with over 150 beds, 20+ ICU beds and over 10 operating theatres they offer patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
As a Theatre Practitioner (Scrub) you will be responsible for assisting the Surgeon with patient care throughout their surgical procedure. You will prepare equipment and instruments and making sure they are all accounted for at the end of surgery, ensuring the ongoing sterility of the operating theatre and that the national standard are met in accordance to the NMC, HPC and HCA’s Code of Conduct. You will also be involved in the mentoring of junior members of the team.
Roles and responsibilities
- Prepare equipment and instruments according to the individual needs of the patient and Surgeon
- Involvement with the updating of Surgeon preference cards
- Ensure all equipment and instruments are accounted for at the end of surgery
- Work closely with Sterile Services to ensure effective decontamination of equipment and instruments
- Maintain a sterile environment within the operating theatre
- Registered RGN or ODP
- Extensive experience at a similar level
- Ideally have experience scrubbing for Obs/Gynae and/or Peads
- Contribution pension scheme
- private medical insurance
- annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays; with the option to buy and sell.
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Support with relocation if you are living outside of London; subject to terms and conditions.
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on 0207 959 1102.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.