Position – Theatre Practitioner – Scrub – County Durham
Ref – EKTHEPRSCB
Salary – £28,856
Our client has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis at 37.5 hours per weekApplicants should meet the following criteria:
• Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification.
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
• ENB 998 and/or mentorship courseDuties of this role include:
• Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
• The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
• Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure
• Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
• Monitor the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
• Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
• Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including prosthesis, equipment/instruments and drugs.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.