Position – Theatre Practitioner ODP– Theatre - Coventry
Ref - DBTPSURMER
Salary – Up to £33,500- £35,000
Hours – Full Time 37.5hrs per Week
Our clients are looking for a Theatre Practitioner ODP to become part of the Theatre department based in the heart of Warwickshire.
Our clients provide 52 patient bedrooms, each with en-suite facilities, broadband Internet access and a modern entertainment system. The hospital provides an ideal environment for excellent clinical care and comfort for patient recovery. Key features of the hospital include 15 outpatient consulting rooms, 3 major operating theatres, endoscopy suite, radiology and physiotherapy departments
Theatre Practitioner ODP Role:
- To work as part of the theatre team ensuring high standards of patient safety and care and to act in a professional manner
- To be involved with the management of the theatre team and assist with the training of work colleagues.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic and surgical equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic and prior to the start of the procedure.
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care.
As a Theatre Practitioner ODP you must -
- NMC registration, Level 1
- Registered ODP
- To be well organised and calm
- Infection control audit results
- National Care Standards compliance
- Follow hospital and company policies and procedures
- Scrub and recovery skills
- Ability to act as ‘circulating personnel’
- Knowledge of TSSU and anaesthetic activities
- Organising/management ability
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Numerical and verbal literacy skills
- Basic financial awareness
- Post registration experience
- Previous experience working in an operating theatre
- Theatre course desirable/mentorship
- Healthcare Scheme
- Dental Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.