Position – Theatre Practitioner – Huddersfield
Ref – EKTHEPRACTHUDD
Hours –Full Time - 37.5 hours per week.
Our client has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis at 37.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- To have completed or be working towards external / internal Advanced Scrub Practitioner Course.
- Basic competence and intended/ actual qualification in Endoscopic Care and Decontamination and/or Operators
- Course in Decontamination.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies
- Experience in working in partnership with consultants to deliver clinical care.
Duties of this role include:
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic, surgical and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic and prior to the start of the procedure.
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care and during the immediate postoperative phase of care as required.
- Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.