Position – Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics & Recovery – Cheshire
Ref – EKANRECCH
Salary – Competitive
Hours – Full Time – 37.5 hours
• To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
• To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
• Assist in the delivery of patient care
• Contribute to quality improvement
• Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
• Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
• Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
• Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs
• Assemble, prepare and check the appropriate recovery equipment, consumables and drugs to ensure appropriate and safe care of the patient during the immediate post operative phase of care
• The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during the immediate postoperative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
• Assist the Anaesthetist during the immediate postoperative phase of care as and when required.
• Monitor the patient’s condition throughout the phase of care, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
• Proactively monitor the patient’s level of discomfort/pain and take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
• Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
• Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
• Administer drugs and fluids in accordance with the appropriate GHG policy
• Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed
• Complete all written documentation in a timely manor and to an acceptable level.
• Act as a role model and mentor to junior staff.
• Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
• Be aware of and comply with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Consultant satisfaction
• Patient satisfaction
• Clinical quality indicators (such as infection rates)
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
• Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
• ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/D33/A1
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.