Theatre Practitioner – Anaesthetics
Salary: £32,270 – £35,885 (with additional 6% shift enhancement) dependent upon skills and experience
Permanent, Full time – 37.5hrs per week
Pulse is delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers in the UK to help them recruit a Theatre Practitioner Anaesthetics to join their Theatres team.
As a Theatre Practitioner – Anaesthetics, you will be accountable for providing high quality clinical assistance to the Anaesthetist during surgical procedures. You will ensure that professional and national standards are met in accordance to the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), Health Professions Council (HPC) and the employers Code of Conduct.
Roles and responsibilities
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery.
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- Maintain the safe custody, handling of drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
- Participate in the reporting of incidents and comply with any ensuing investigations.
- RGN or registered OPD
- Anaesthetics course
- Extensive experience at a similar level
- Mentorship course or willingness to undertake the course
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of different emergency situations
- Private pension
- Private healthcare for your whole family and access to private GP
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Critical illness cover
- 247.5hrs annual holidays, with the option to buy and sell.
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education
- Support with relocation if you are living outside of London; subject to terms and conditions
If you are interested in this role, please contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information. If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you can earn up to £250* voucher for successful* referral.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.