Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
Working hours: full-time 37.5hrs per week
Salary: £33,037 - £37,000 (with additional 4% shift enhancement) dependent upon skills and experience
Pulse is delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit a Theatre Practitioner (Anaesthetics) to join their Theatres team.
As a Theatre Practitioner you will be accountable for providing high quality clinical assistance to the Anaesthetist during surgical procedures. You will ensure that professional and national standards are met in accordance to the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), Health Professions Council (HPC) and the employers Code of Conduct.
You will also be responsible for assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care for patients undergoing surgical procedures and will need to prepare the Anaesthetic room according to the individual needs of the patient and Anaesthetist.
Roles and responsibilities
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide assistance in clinical/ operative procedures, both anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide initial emergency care as required.
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- Maintain the safe custody, handling of drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
- Participate in the reporting of incidents and comply with any ensuing investigations.
- RGN or registered OPD
- Anaesthetics course
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- Mentorship course or willingness to undertake the course
- Airway Management and care of the unconscious patient
- Effective communication and ability to maintain accurate documentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of different emergency situations
- Contribution pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays; with the option to buy and sell
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education
- Support with relocation if you are living outside of London; subject to terms and conditions
Should you be interested in this role, please contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information.
If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, to earn a £250 voucher please do refer on their details.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.