Theatre Practitioner Anaesthetics/Anaesthesia job
Working hours: 37.5/week, working earlies and late
Salary: £33,037 - £36,000 (with a 4% Shift enhancement) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
We are delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit for an experienced and motivated Theatre Practitioner Anaesthetics.
With over 150 beds, 20+ ICU beds and over 10 operating theatres they offer patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
As the Theatre Practitioner in Anaesthetics, responsible and accountable for providing high quality clinical assistance to the Anaesthetist and supporting the Senior Anaesthetics Practitioner.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately.
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide assistance in clinical/ operative procedures, both anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide initial emergency care as required
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- Adhere to the procedures for the use of supplies, ordering requirements for the Department as directed by line manager.
- Ensure the accurate collection of data in relation to theatre activity.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act and its amendments.
- Maintain the safe custody, handling of drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade and the needs of the service.
- Participate in the reporting of incidents and comply with any ensuing investigations
- RGN or registered OPD
- Anaesthetics course
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- Advanced Life Support (desirable)
- Post-registration qualification in a surgical field (desirable)
- Mentorship qualification (desirable)
- Contribution pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Annual salary review
- 247.5 holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on 0207 959 1102
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.