Position - Theatre Nurse – Cosmetics – Leeds
Salary - £16k (Actual)
Location – Leeds
Hours – Permanent Part Time – 22.5hrs per week
My client is currently looking for a theatre nurse to join their Leeds team. The successful candidate doesn’t need Scrub experience as all the procedures at this site are conducted under local anaesthetic and you will be trained in scrub by the surgeon. Post and Pre Op care will be involved and the theatres mainly run 9am to 5pm but it does dependant on the procedures and Surgeon working that day.
- To liaise with Surgeons regarding procedures and requirements.
- To assist/scrub with various types of surgical procedures.
- To assist in pre and post operative care of the patient following the procedures.
- Develop a skill mix that can be adopted in all areas of patient care including out patients.
- To be responsible for clinical stock control and ordering.
- Liaison with outside suppliers and manufacturers.
- Flexibility around business requirements.
Customer Service/Patient Focus
- Follow up care and advice provided to patients using the Clinic paperwork.
- Patient safety is maintained as a key priority, and in line with CQC requirements.
- A high standard of service, professionalism and behaviour is maintained at all times.
- Escalate any patient queries to the Clinic Manager efficiently and in line with the Clinicspolicies.
- All clinical policies and protocols are followed correctly.
- Effective contribution is made to the development and implementation of appropriate protocols and procedures.
- Infection Control compliance, including maintaining audits.
- Active professional development programme ensures an up to date knowledge of treatment and progress within the specialist areas.
- Development of own education whilst being supported by the Clinics training programmes.
- Clinic equipment is used correctly and maintained as per the policy. Damaged or faulty equipment is reported to the manager immediately it is noticed.
- Other tasks are carried out professionally within the required timeframes.
- Uniform will be provided by the clinic and must be worn on duty.
- Uniforms are the responsibility of each individual and must be clean at all times. Please refer to the uniform policy.
Care Quality Commission
- Ensure full compliance in your area of practice under the Health and Social Care act 2008
- Experienced scrub and assisting skills with aesthetic/cosmetic surgery
- Customer service
- Stock control
- Experience within the private sector preferable but not essential.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.