Position –Theatre Manager - Surrey
Location – Surrey
Ref – ZATHMAN
Salary – £45,000 – £50,000
Hours – Full Time
Job Purpose –
My client is looking for a Theatre Manager to join their department at their hospital. The successful candidate will provide the following care:
• To provide exemplary planned care for patients while managing more than one perioperative team in a safe, efficient and financially successful manner while maximising theatre utilisation.
• To ensure the perioperative teams deliver effective patient care by providing excellent clinical and managerial leadership, within available resources and budgetary objectives.Overall Responsibilities –
• Develop practice in the assessment of health and well being needs.
• Develop practice in addressing patient’s health and well being needs.
• Establish and maintain communication with various groups on complex and potentially stressful topics across a range of situations.
• Develop own knowledge and practice and assist others to continually professionally develop.
• Develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security.
• Develop strategies and policies for service improvement, to include the development of business Initiatives both locally and nationally.
• Improve quality.
• Enable people to exercise their rights and promote their equality and diversity.
• Take responsibility for ensuring that a decontamination programme is implemented in relation to the perioperative suite and take proper account of relevant national guidelines.
• Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices.
• Delegate work to others.
• Determine the effective use of efficient use of physical and financial resources.
• Undertake Human Resource activities for all members of the team.
• Develop practice in applying technology and measurement, monitoring and treatment.
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
• Clinical Practitioner.
• Evidence of substantial post registration continual professional development in management and other clinically related and relevant subjects.
• Management or supervisory qualification.
• Working within a performance driven culture while maintaining safe standards.
• Meeting financial and budgetary targets.
• Management, motivation and development of the clinical team.
• Evidence of implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
• Supporting the commercial development of clinical services locally.
• Actively creating new business opportunities to support sales and profit targets.
• Experience of working in partnership with consultants and participating in creating innovative solution for new services.
• Challenging consultants to influence evidence based practice.
• Working as a practitioner and senior manager in and across clinical teams.
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied perioperative issues.
• Critically applying knowledge and skills gained through substantial clinical experience.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.