Position – Theatre Manager – Cardiff
Ref – DBTHCAR
Location – Cardiff
Hours – Full Time
Salary – up to £55,000 – DOE The Vacancy –
My client is looking for an enthusiastic, proactive professional with a passion for providing excellent care within the perioperative environment. This individual would possess leadership abilities which would inspire great performance in the team, leading them to highest possible levels of achievement.
This is a key role within the hospital and the individual would need to work in close alignment with the Senior Management Team, and other Departmental Heads to deliver on a range of targets which would include both clinical, customer service and financial aspects.
• The Theatre Manager will provide appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department.
• Maximizing theatre utilisation, Consultant compliance and maintaining clinical standards, the post-holder will provide strong leadership and direction to all staff across the service and act as a point of contact for advice and expertise relating to professional issues.
• The Theatre Manager will provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative and immediate recovery phase of care by ensuring all departmental staff members deliver high quality patient care, ensuring this is achieved within the available resources and agreed departmental budget.The Individual:
• Be a Registered Practitioner (RN or ODP) with post-registration clinical experience as a senior theatre practitioner in an acute hospital (NHS or independent).
• Be able to demonstrate experience of planning, organizing and running the daily work load in a theatre suite.
• Have knowledge of clinical governance and its application.
• You will be an expert in building relationships with an intuitive and persuasive style that enables you to easily engage and build relationships with consultants, colleagues and patients.
• Demonstrate a track record of developing teams to perform collaboratively with a clear capability to assess and improve performance and achieve results.
• Provide evidence of managing change and optimising theatre efficiencies.
• You must have strong business acumen, ensuring that resources are used efficiently within budget.
Key Words - RGN, Registered Nurse, Theatres, ODP, Operating department practitioners, Senior Theatre Practitioner.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.