Staff Nurse (Surgical)
Salary: £31,000 - £34,000 per annum
Permanent, Full time - 37.5 hours per week
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (two long days (6.45 - 19.15) and two short shifts (6.45 - 14.30)
Pulse is delighted to work in partnership with a leading private clinic to help them recruit a Staff Nurse (Surgical) to join their Theatres team.
As a Staff Nurse (Surgical), you will be responsible for managing a group of patients and delivering a high standard of individualised nursing care to patients from admission through to their discharge.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain clinical records of patient care in line with NMC standards for records and record keeping.
- Administer treatments and care to patients in accordance with hospital policies and Consultant protocols.
- Meet legal and statutory requirements e.g. Health and Safety, COSHH Regulations, Manual Handling and control of drugs.
- Act as mentor and assessor in the supervision and teaching of junior and unregistered staff.
- Continue to develop clinical knowledge and professional skills relevant to area of practice and assist in implementing changes.
- Report to Nursing management team any complaints, accidents, incidents and near misses both verbally and in writing.
- NMC Registered General Nurse (Essential).
- Minimum of 12 months post registration experience (Essential).
- Relevant experience of recent practice in day surgery orthopaedic patients (Essential).
- 998 Mentorship / Slice / Mentor preparation course (Desirable).
- Leadership skills (motivating, using initiative, change management) (Desirable).
If you are interested in this role, please contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information. If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you can earn up to £250* voucher for successful* referral.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.