Sister/ Charge Nurse - Adult Acute Surgical Team
Permanent, Full Time
£40,942 to £47,468 (incl. 9% enhancement)
Pulse is working in partnership with one of Central London’s most prestigious hospitals which specialises in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, this hospital attracts some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
This leading hospital is now looking to recruit a Sister/Charge Nurse to join their Adult Acute Surgical Team. This provides a full range of acute surgical services including neurosurgery (craniotomies, brain tumour debulking), upper and lower GI surgery (oesophagectomy, Whipples, abdominal wall reconstructive surgery colostomy and ileostomy formation and reversal, hemicolectomy), complex ENT and maxillofacial surgery (tumour debulking and reconstruction including tracheostomy formation), gynaecology, breast reconstructive surgery (mastectomy and DIEP flap reconstruction) and liver surgery. The patient mix consists of adults with a variable level of dependency and provides ITU and HDU step down care.
The unit also offers an enhanced recovery pathway for most specialties.
In addition to working within an innovative team and state of the art department the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary between £40,942 to £47,468 (incl. 9% enhancement). You will also have access to a well priced and high quality food range available within the staff restaurant.
This role is a pivotal post within the department providing effective leadership, expertise, advice and support to the team. You will be able to inspire, motivate and develop the nursing workforce to deliver the highest quality nursing care, through your clinical leadership. You will be able to make effective use of resources ensuring the highest standards of care to patients and families are achieved on a 24-hour basis.
This is a full time position with a rotation of shifts.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Make efficient use of available resources, within budgetary constraints
• Prioritise workloads and direct staff accordingly
• Demonstrate and role model outstanding clinical practice at all times
• Develop and coach team members to ensure consistently high standards of care are me
• Regularly deputise for Modern Matron/other departmental Sisters when required
• Evaluate the work of the team and ensure standards are met
Skills & Experience
• NMC Registered Nurse, currently working in post as a Sister/Charge Nurse
• Level or relevant experience demonstrating the appropriate competencies and skills for the job
• Evidence of further education including post-graduate certification/diploma/Continuous Professional development
• Management skills and Leadership or management training
• Basic Life Support training
• Experience of Mentorship / Preceptorship of junior staff
• Demonstrable experience of managing budgets
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.