Surgical Care Practitioner
Working hours: 37.5 hours on a rotational shift pattern (Days, Weekends and On-call)
Are you interested in working for one of the world’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care? Their commitment to state-of-the-art technology and a patient-first philosophy sets them apart and delivering care to consistently high levels is what brings patients to them from all over the world.
You will work as a member of the surgical team and may conduct surgical interventions delegated by the operating surgeon (as defined in the Curriculum Framework for the Surgical Care Practitioner) and is supervised by the consultant surgeon responsible for the episode of care.
The SCP may make clinical judgements about the care of patients reflective of their agreed competences and delegation by the surgeon.
Roles and responsibilities
- Conduct surgical intervention under instruction from supervising Surgeon
- Perform surgical site marking in-line with policy
- Obtain written/verbal consent on behalf of the operating surgeon in-line with policy
- Positioning the patient for the surgical procedure according to surgeon specifications
- Complete operation records on behalf of the operating surgeon, along with outcome data collection tools
- Assist with retraction of tissues, Suctioning, irrigating, or sponging
- Assist with haemostasis including the use of electro-surgery and the application of haemostatic agents
- Cutting and application of sutures, including deep sutures
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in the same or a similar role
- Demonstrable skills and an underpinning knowledge - ideally within Urology
- Practitioners must have completed SFA accredited award
- Practitioners will be required to demonstrate competence defined by the Curriculum Framework for the Surgical Care Practitioner.
- Practitioner must be registered by respective governing body, e.g. NMC, HCPC
- 25 days annual leave with the option to buy and sell
- Private pension scheme and healthcare
- Annual salary review
- Dental and travel insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education
- We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on 0207 959 1102.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.