Staff Nurse – Theatre (Multiple specialities)
Full time permanent contract
Grade: Band 5
Salary: £24,907 per annum (excluding London weighting)
Pulse is delighted to be working within the NHS London Consortium to recruit Theatre nurses from multiple specialities (Anaesthetics, Scrub, Recovery, ENT, Endoscopy etc) to join several trusts across London. Interviews are available and ongoing, we look forward to welcoming successful nurses in 2021.
As a Theatre Staff Nurse, you will be responsible for the provision of competent professional nursing care, to meet with individual needs of the designated patient population within the Peri-operative environment. You will be accountable for the delivery of perioperative care to the patients within the Operating room and affiliated areas and take charge of the Operating Room on a regular basis. You will organise own time and that of junior staff, delegating to junior staff and learners, and participating in teaching and education programme for staff and patients.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care and be capable of carrying out all relevant care needs.
- Participate in the delivery of holistic patient care by developing effective working relationships with members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Minimise hospital acquired infection rates by following infection control policies.
- Educate patients and carers in specialist area and give telephone advice to discharged patients.
- Support the supervision, teaching, assessment and mentorship of new and junior trained staff and students.
Skills and experience:
- NMC registration as a theatre nurse/registration in progress (Essential).
- Evidence of current IELTS/OET pass or relevant English Language exemption (Essential).
- Effective communication with patients, families, carers and colleagues (Essential).
- Good interpersonal skills (Essential).
- Previous Experience working as a registered nurse in own country (Essential).
- Certificate of Sponsorship
- Health & Care Worker Visa
- Salary advance/cash loan*
- OSCE Training and Exam
- Flight to the UK
- Accommodation support*
If you are interested in this role, please contact the team on 0208 167 5330 for more information. If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you can earn up to £250* voucher for successful referring them.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.