Staff Nurse Surgical
Working hours: 37.5/week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £31,630 - £35,169 depending on experience
We are delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit for an experienced and motivated Staff Nurse for their Surgical & Oncology team.
Our client is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise they attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The Adult Acute Surgical Team provides a full range of acute surgical services including neurosurgery (craniotomies, brain tumour debulking), upper and lower GI surgery (oesophagectomy, whipples, abdominal wall reconstructive surgery colostomy and ileostomy formation and reversal, hemicolectomy), complex ENT and maxillofacial surgery (tumour debulking and reconstruction including tracheostomy formation), gynaecology, breast reconstructive surgery (mastectomy and DIEP flap reconstruction) and liver surgery(hepatectomy). The patient mix consists of adults with a variable level of dependency and provides ITU and HDU step down care.
The position of Staff Nurse within the Adult Acute Surgical team will be responsible for providing high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the Surgical Team and as part of a multidisciplinary team the post holder will assess, plan, implement and evaluate the care of the Oncology patient, in a holistic manner consist in a variety of Oncology interventions with a variable level of dependency from acute to palliative. The successful candidate will also promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care and the services offered within their Surgical Team.
This is a full time position 37.5hrs pw with a rotation of shifts.
Salary range for this role is £31,630-£35,169 per annum depending on experience plus 9% shift allowance.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assess, implement and evaluate the care needs of patients undergoing procedures
- Plan and deliver care for admissions and discharges
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintenance of accurate records
- Decontamination of equipment and ensuring equipment is in good working order
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
- Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience
- Previous oncology experience +/- Proven Surgical experience
- Previous exposure to palliative care would be advantageous
- Chemotherapy administration certificate would be desirable
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Phlebotomy training desirable
- Contribution pension scheme
- private medical insurance
- annual salary review
- 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on 0207 959 3567.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.