I am currently recruiting for an experienced Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities (RNLD) with relevant experience to join this specialist hospital on its all male secure wards. The service provides care to patients with mental illness including personality disorders or complex enduring mental health needs. You will be providing recovery-based treatment including occupational therapy, social therapy and other psychological therapies.
You will follow NMC guidelines to ensure that all care plans are completed and maintained collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team. As a Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities (RNLD) you will be competent across a range of clinical skills and have a clear understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983. Your daily role will include ensuring individualised care plans are completed and maintained and will work closely with the wider multidisciplinary team to develop and improve quality at the service.
The benefits of this Registered Nurse (Mental Health) role include:
- Generous salary package
- RCNi membership
- Employee referral scheme
- 50% NMC contribution
- Pension scheme
- Progression and development opportunities
- Support through Revalidation
Responsibilities for the Registered Nurse – RNLD:
- Providing and developing person centred care
- Educating and supporting healthcare and junior staff members
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
- Ensure all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
Registered Nurse qualified with relevant experience (RNLD) must have:
- Registered Nurse qualified (RNLD)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Up to date clinical experience
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act and latest nursing practices
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.