Staff Nurse PICU job
Working hours: 37.5/week, internal rotation, flexible to do long days, nights and weekends.
Salary: £32,000-£35,855 plus 9% shift enhancement (£34,880 - £39,082 per annum)
We have partnered with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit for an experienced and motivated PICU Staff Nurse.
They are also currently running a Golden Hello Scheme* to demonstrate their commitment to you and their patients. Upon joining as a PICU nurse you will receive the following (*subject to T&C’s):
- Nurses with 60 credit PICU qualification – £5k upon commencement of employment, £5k after 12 months service and £5k after 24 months service
- Nurses without PICU Qualification – 1 month’s additional salary upon commencement of employment
They have opportunities available at two of their prestigious facilities. Both hospitals care for level 2 and level 3 ventilated patients in Cardiac, Neuro-rehab and Oncology; and also provide pioneering treatment that is not available elsewhere in the UK.
If you are a medical professional who value great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy with a real team spirit then this healthcare provider is the career destination of choice.
As a member of the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit Team, you will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care for your patients; developing, implementing and evaluating holistic care plans for children. You will need to develop longstanding relationships with children and their families and promote family centred care. Working with team members across all multi discipline. You will need to be able to communicate effectively.
Roles and responsibilities
- To provide the highest standard of nursing care for the children and their families.
- To plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care for individual children and to supervise other staff in this activity.
- To ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for the children and their families.
- To maintain confidentiality surrounding the child’s admission and treatment at all times.
- To act as an advocate for the child and family, providing them with information and support and directing them to the relevant support services where appropriate.
- To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- To develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence-based nursing care.
- To be competent in the administration of medication.
- NMC Child Registered Nurse
- Post grad nursing experience in a paediatric setting ideally PICU; although we will consider those that have an interest in progressing a career within PICU from another specialism
- Contribution pension scheme
- private medical insurance
- annual salary review
- 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on 0207 959 1102.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.