Position: Staff Nurse – Outpatients Department - Nottingham
Ref - DBVASNOTS
Location – Nottingham
Salary – £23,000 - £29300
Do you want the opportunity to be part of a progressive Outpatients Department?
If you are a dynamic person with the ability to work well within a progressive environment, and can deliver high quality patient care, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed Registered Nurses to come and work in our specialty clinics for
• Be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development of programmes of care ensuring that these are evaluated and amended as appropriate.
• Document the condition and progress of patients and report to senior nursing and/ or medical staff any areas of concern.
• Undertake nursing procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and guidelines.
• Demonstrate clinical procedures to registered and unregistered staff and agency staff as required.
• Take charge of the clinical area on a regular basis in the absence of the person who has continuing responsibility or his/ her deputy.
• Maintain an awareness of the developments in the care and treatment of patients in order to be able to carry out duties competently and efficiently.
• Ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
• Take all reasonable steps to ensure the safe keeping of patients' property in accordance with the Patients' Property Procedure.
• Comply with the Drug Custody and Administration Code of Practice.
• Report all accidents and untoward incidents to the Line Manager and complete an incident form in accordance with Treatment Centre policy.
• Supervise registered and unregistered staff as appropriate.
• Assist the Lead Nurse/Team leader in introducing new members of staff to their duties.
• Ensure where appropriate that the training program for junior staff is completed.
• Undertake formal and informal teaching sessions as required and act as a mentor to junior staff.
• Organise day to day workload of both self and junior staff whenever required to do so.
• Use all physical resources carefully and as instructed.
• Assist in maintaining stock levels for the department if required to do so.
• Report any problems relating to equipment to the Team leader
• Registered Nurse (NMC Registration)
• Relevant post-registration study e.g. specialist pathway
• Demonstrable record of Continuing Professional Development
• Relevant experience i.e. evidence of recent practice in Theatre/Recovery/Ward areas
• Demonstrable record of Continuing Professional Development.Skills/Attributes
• Good communication skills
• Ability to supervise unqualified staff
• Ability to co-ordinate a shift for the department
• Knowledge of clinical and non-clinical governance issues
• At least 6 months post registration experience
• Relate well to all staff.
• Motivator of staff and colleagues.
• Diligence/Enthusiasm & positivism
Key Words- Outpatients, Vascular, Respiratory, Pain, Hypertension, Ophthalmology, RGN, Staff Nurse, Registered General Nurse,NMC
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.