Staff Nurse job
Working hours: 37.5/week, internal rotation, flexible to do long days, nights and weekends.
Salary: Salary: £32,270 - £35,855 dependent on experience + 9% enhancement and Benefits
We are delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit for an experienced and motivated Orthopaedic Nurse.
This healthcare facility has over 120 registered beds, including 90 inpatients, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The Orthopaedics services provide a multidisciplinary approach and offer surgical interventions such as arthroscopies, joint replacements, ligament reconstructions and specialised repair to nerves to improve movement and decrease pain and deformity
As a Staff Nurse in our Orthopaedics unit you will have the opportunity to develop your existing experience while also having the opportunity to deal with a variety of different cases not usually seen on an Orthopaedic ward. As the Staff Nurse within the Orthopaedics department you will be required to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care to patients within a safe, caring and comfortable environment. You will work within the team, supervising and directing junior staff.
Roles and responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research-based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- ENB course/experience relevant to an Orthopaedic environment
- Confident communicator with high levels of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of relevant hospital NMC/national guidelines, policies and procedures (Code of conduct)
- Contribution pension scheme
- private medical insurance
- annual salary review
- 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on 0207 959 1102.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.