Staff Nurse Oncology
Working hours: 37.5/week on internal rotation to include days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £31972 - £35169 (dependent upon skills and experience) plus 9% enhancement.
We are delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit for an experienced and motivated Oncology Nurse.
Our client is a specialist cancer treatment centre with years of experience in diagnosing and treating all forms of cancer, using the latest medical developments to provide advanced treatment options. They are committed to investing in excellent people who want to be part of an organisation that is dedicated to providing the most advanced cancer care.
With over 150 beds, 20+ ICU beds and 10+ operating theatres they offer their patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations
As a Staff Nurse, you will be responsible for working in a supporting experienced nursing team to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of specialist care to ensure that patients are cared for in a safe, caring and comfortable environment. This will include meeting their medical, physical and emotional needs by effectively communicating with the patient and their families.
Roles and responsibilities
- Participate in individual care needs of patients and develop appropriate care plans to implement and evaluate
- Monitor patient care and interventions appropriately
- Recognise deterioration in patients’ condition at an early stage, (including neutropenic patients) Refer to the senior nurse and medical team appropriately
- Attend IV/ chemotherapy drug administration training, complete workbook competence
- Report and document adverse incidents appropriately
- Initiate appropriate actions to isolate patients when required
- Implement a holistic approach in the care of patients requiring infection control precautions
- NMC Registered nurse
- NHS or private ward experience
- Passionate about patient care, respectful, responsible and committed
- Haematology experience is desirable. We offer a three-month supportive probationary period which includes some supernumerary time
- Private pension scheme
- Medical insurance
- Annual salary review
- 25 days holiday each year excluding bank holidays; with the option to buy and sell
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on 0207 959 1102.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.