Staff Nurse (Older Adult Mental Health)
Permanent, Full time
Grade: Band 5
Salary: £29,110 – £33,822 BAR £34,763 – £37,676 per annum
Are you a mental health nurse looking to work in an outstanding hospital based in Guernsey?
Pulse is working alongside an established organisation to recruit a Staff Nurse RMN for a hospital based in Guernsey. There are five in-service user areas within Older Adult Mental Health in the hospital, comprising of 94 Inservice user beds. A day centre facility for 20 service users and a community mental health team comprising of a multi-disciplinary team.
Roles and responsibilities
- To assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care for older adults within the service.
- To autonomously initiate emergency interventions as patient/client condition dictates.
- To provide prescribed nursing care without supervision, within the level of the postholder’s experience, referring to a more senior nurse when necessary.
- To participate as team member, including supporting relatives and friends of service users together with providing support for other service users.
- To maintain accurate records, both electronic and paper, of the care given in accordance with agreed standards
Skills and experience:
- NMC Registered Adult Nurse.
- Be able to work in a confident and calm manner but seek guidance when appropriate.
- To have a good understanding of the English language both verbal and written.
- Have clear concise communication skills.
- Expenses for interview will be covered i.e. for any flights needed
- Relocation package provided – up to £5,000
- Generous Annual leave
Should you be interested in this role, please do contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information.
If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, to earn a £250 voucher please do refer on their details.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.