Staff Nurse ITU job
Working hours: 37.5/week, internal rotation, flexible to do long days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £33,037 - £36,709 + 9% shift enhancement and flexible benefits.
We are delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit for an experienced and motivated ITU Nurse.
The healthcare provider has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit.
If you are a medical professional who value great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy with a real team spirit then this healthcare provider is the career destination of choice.
As a Staff Nurse in the Critical Care unit, you will be required to provide a high level of care for patients by assessing, planning, delivering and continued evaluation of care. Additionally, you will be responsible and accountable for your own practice and for ensuring the delivery of a high-quality service at all times.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family’s needs
- Responsible for planning and delivering appropriate care for admissions and discharges
- Ability to quickly identify any clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
- Contributing to the ongoing research-based care and other practice development initiatives
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff to enhance good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
- Experience of managing ventilated and non-ventilated patients independently.
- General ITU/HDU specific skills and experience.
- Motivated and forward-thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Contribution pension scheme
- private medical insurance
- annual salary review
- 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on 0207 959 1102.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.