Staff Nurse – Haematology
Salary: £32,270 – £35,855 per annum (dependent on skills and experience plus additional 9% shift enhancement)
Permanent, Full time – 37.5hrs per week
Working Pattern: Late shifts and nights (including some weekends)
Pulse is pleased to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit a Staff Nurse (Haematology) to join their Haematology team.
As a Staff Nurse (Haematology), working on the Haematology/Oncology inpatient unit, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of specialist care to ensure that our patients are cared for in a safe, compassionate and comfortable environment. This will include meeting physical, psychological and spiritual needs by effectively communicating with the patient, their families and your colleagues.
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet individual patient and family needs in accordance with agreed protocols (SOP’s/policies).
- Always demonstrate impeccable clinical practice and respond appropriately to deteriorating patients, changing patient condition and safety triggers e.g. NEWS 2, SBAR.
- Work productively within a team and promote a multi-disciplinary approach whilst recognising own responsibility and accountability.
- Participate in research-based care and other practice development initiatives.
- Contribute towards clinical audit and quality initiatives towards the continual improvement of patient care and experience.
- NMC registered (RGN)
- Post registration experience within haematology or oncology setting or equivalent.
- Intravenous chemotherapy administration experience.
- Mentorship and preceptorship experience, or willingness to work towards this.
- Contribution pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance.
- Annual salary review.
- 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell.
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
If you are interested in this role, please contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information. If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you can earn up to £250* voucher for successfully referring them.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.