Staff Nurse – Gynaecology
Permanent, full time
Up to £35,206 per annum + Benefits
Pulse is working alongside the UK’s leading private hospital, entirely dedicated to women and children to recruit an experienced Gynaecology Staff Nurse.
As a Staff Nurse in Gynaecology you will be working to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care. To work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurses and Sister in their absence.
The Staff Nurse will be required to provide care to women undergoing surgical or medical termination of pregnancy, including direct involvement with induction of the procedure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- To deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
- Supervise and direct junior staff, promoting a learning environment
- Respect and ensure patients privacy and confidentiality
- Chaperoning and assisting medical staff
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate records
- Provide patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition
- Maintain stock levels of supplies/equipment
- To carry out nursing duties as requested by senior staff
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Course/experience relevant to gynaecology
- Phlebotomy and training desirable
- Good verbal and non verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to the needs of the department
- Good team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer care skills
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a fantastic salary of up to £35,206 depending on experience.
To discuss this post further you can call us today or please complete the form below and one of our Consultants will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.