Position: Staff Nurse – Gynaecology and Colposcopy - Nottingham
Ref – DBGYNAECOLRGN
Salary – £23,000- £29300 (pro Rata)
Hours – Part Tim
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Staff Nurse with a keen interest in Gynaecology and Colposcopy.
Our clients unit comprises General gynaecology suites, Colposcopy suites and menstrual disorder suites. They have various Nurse Led clinics including HRT implants and GnRH Injections with a view to expand this to include nurse led telephone clinics in the near future.
Staff Nurse Role
As a Staff Nurse you will act in support of the senior staff, ensuring high standards of effective care are delivered to all patients within the Gynaecology clinic areas and Colposcopy suites and clinic areas.
You will be dealing with women with various conditions and will include assisting Medical Staff performing Colposcopy and Out Patient Hysteroscopy. Experience in either Gynaecology, Colposcopy or Menstrual Disorders would be of benefit but we would welcome newly qualified staff. Excellent communication skills are essential as well as the ability to take on greater responsibility within the departments.
Due to the nature of this post we are looking for female applicants only.
• Be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development of programmes of care ensuring that these are evaluated and amended as appropriate.
• Document the condition and progress of patients and report to senior nursing and/ or medical staff any areas of concern.
• Undertake nursing procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and guidelines.
• Demonstrate clinical procedures to registered and unregistered staff and agency staff as required.
• Take charge of the clinical area on a regular basis in the absence of the person who has continuing responsibility or his/ her deputy.
• Maintain an awareness of the developments in the care and treatment of patients in order to be able to carry out duties competently and efficiently.
• Ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
• Take all reasonable steps to ensure the safe keeping of patients' property in accordance with the Patients' Property Procedure.
• Comply with the Drug Custody and Administration Code of Practice.
• Report all accidents and untoward incidents to the Line Manager and complete an incident form in accordance with Treatment Centre policy.
• Supervise registered and unregistered staff as appropriate.
• Assist the Line Manager in introducing new members of staff to their duties.
• Ensure where appropriate that the programmes of training for junior staff are completed.
• Undertake formal and informal teaching sessions as required and act as a mentor to junior staff.
• Organise day to day workload of both self and junior staff whenever required to do so.
• Use all physical resources carefully and as instructed.
• Assist in maintaining stock levels for the department if required to do so.
Report any problems relating to equipment to the Line Manager.
• Registered Nurse
• Relevant post-registration study e.g. specialist pathway
• Demonstrable record of Continuing
• Professional Development
• Good communication skills
• Ability to supervise unqualified staff
• Ability to co-ordinate a shift for the department
• Knowledge of clinical and non-clinical governance issues
• At least 6 months post registration experience
• 27 days annual leave and additional service related days
• Free off-site parking
• Pension contribution and life assurance schemes
• Private medical insurance
• Child care vouchers
• Bike to work schemes and interest free travel loans
• Subsidised meals with free tea, coffee and fruit
• Mentorship, preceptorships and professional training courses
Key Words- RGN, Staff Nurse, Registered General Nurse, NMC, Gynaecology, Colposcopy, menstrual disorder
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.