Position –Staff Nurse - Rehabilitation Unit - Brain Injuries – Glasgow
Ref – DBSTSCOT
Salary – Competitive Salary Offered
Hours –Full Time
Staff Nurse Role Purpose:
To provide high standards of nursing and therapeutic care in the rehabilitation of brain injured patients; and through membership of the multi-disciplinary team, provide supervision and guidance to Rehabilitation Assistants/Support Workers
Working in the role of Staff Nurse, You will be required to:
- To maintain and develop professional nursing standards and practice (in line with policies, procedures and philosophy).
- To assess and deliver effective individual care and treatment towards the rehabilitation of patients.
- To undertake the role of Keyworker.
- To be accountable or own professional practice; and improving knowledge and competence by attending both internal and external training/development initiatives.
- To provide and maintain high standards of clinical documentation, ensuring patient confidentiality at all times.
- To actively participate in clinical meetings promoting, reviewing and initiating relevant changes to patient care.
- To effectively co-ordinate the shift, including allocation of patients, supervision of Rehabilitation Assistants/ Support Workers, effective delegation of nursing duties and ensuring the safety of the unit.
- To ensure knowledge of and compliance to all legislative and company policies – including Health & Safety, Accident procedures and complaint handling.
- To administer and store all medication in accordance with NMC standards and company policies and procedures.
- To participate in audit programmes and be involved in implementing outcome measures.
- To participate in staff reviews and identify all relevant training needs, in line with company Learning and Development approach.
- To ensure nursing practice is evidence and research based.
- To take responsibility for own developmental learning and performance, including participation in supervision.
- To recognise and understand the roles and responsibilities of individuals working in the health care team.
- Use appropriate infection control procedures and maintain work areas in that they are clean, safe and free from hazards reporting of any potential risks identified.
- Respect the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs, of privacy of patients/clients.
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk in the care of patients.
- Ensure own actions are consistent with clinical governance systems.
- Practice in accordance with agreed standards of care.
- Act in ways that recognise the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with procedures.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- RGN/RMN/RNLD with NMC PIN
- Management Skills: Shift co-ordination, Environment, Delegation, Prioritisation
- Excellent communicator on all levels (written & verbal)
- Adaptive and flexible in approach
- Excellent organisational skills
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.